Our Mission is to promote access to justice in Bulgaria by providing and fostering quality pro bono legal services for people and organizations of limited means. We also subscribe to a number of supporting Objectives and Principles.
- To relieve poverty by fostering, organizing and providing quality pro bono legal services to individuals and organizations of limited means.
- To facilitate access to justice by persons and organizations of limited means and to promote and strengthen the provision of pro bono legal services in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- (i) improving the quality and capacity of existing pro bono and other legal service programs;
- (ii) developing and operating, or assisting in the development and operation of, programs that enhance access to justice and to legal services in communities throughout Bulgaria, including pro bono programs and community clinics offering free legal advice and assistance; and
- (iii) assisting organizations to establish pro bono or volunteer components to their services and programs.
3. To facilitate access to justice by persons and organizations of limited means through the use of digital technologies (e-Justice).
4. To provide training, resources and information to individuals and organizations facilitating access to justice or providing pro bono legal services;
5. To collaborate with other NGO`s and entities in programmes supporting access to justice and legal aid.
- Pro bono legal services are those legal services that are provided to people and organizations of limited means without expectation of a fee.
- Pro bono legal services should be designed and provided according to the changing social and legal needs of the people and organizations of limited means for whom they are intended.
- Pro bono legal services should be provided to people and organizations of limited means according to the same standard of dedication, excellence and professional ethics as paid legal services.
- Pro bono legal services should serve to complement and not replace government-funding programmes promoting and advancing access to justice.